Notorious Thief: "I Have Vandalised Over 57 Cars In Lagos"

An oil bunkerer turned car vandal arrested on Friday by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos Police Command, has confessed to participating in the vandalisation of over 57 cars.

The suspect, 31yrs old Kunle Afolabi, an ex-convict, was arrested around 4am on Friday in CMS after escaping from Broad Street, Lagos Island, where he had gone to vandalise a car.

Found in his possession as at the time of arrest were 2 brainboxes and 4 winding buttons.

His confession: “I was introduced into the business of stealing vehicle parts by Yinka, a friend living in Cole Street, Oyingbo, Lagos in 2014. Together, we stole brainboxes of many cars, Toyota and Lexus because there is a ready buyer.

Our areas of operations were Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Ajah and Lagos Island. We operated thrice weekly. Having mastered the act, I started my solo effort.

I sell Corolla brainboxes for N40,000 and Hilux around N70,000. Because I wanted to operate on the Island that night, I told my wife that I was going to work.

I have been imprisoned thrice for sundry offences bothering on stealing. I sell the stolen items to a vehicle part dealer, Senior in Coconut area of Ajegunle.” 


Source:





EmoticonEmoticon