Ex-Drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre

A non-governmental organization, David Refuge Care Foundation, which aims at reorienting social deviants, including women, cultists and drug addicts, has been inaugurated at Koko, Warri North Local Government Area, Delta State.

Chief Executive Officer of the group, a one-time cocaine addict, Deaconess Julie Park, said: 

“I will be running it with the support of well-meaning individuals, the church community and international organizations.”

I sold all my property, stayed under the bridge 
According to Mrs. Park, “I underwent rehabilitation as a deviant about 10 years. I was once addicted to cocaine. I sold all my property in the process and consequently found myself under a bridge in Lagos until I got rehabilitated, and about the same time I, too, began to rehabilitate others.

Two-phased reintegration 
“The rehabilitation will be in two stages. The first stage will last for six months when the inmates will be taught the word of God. We will use the word of God to replace what they were doing before they came into the centre.

“The second stage is the training stage when they will be taught the trade of their choices and graduate to become useful entrepreneurs,” she added.

Answer to prayers 
A member of the Board of Trustees, Mr. Gbubemi Otumara, said, “The presence of David Refuge Care Foundation in Koko will facilitate general development in the area.

“It is an indication that God has heard the prayers of the people of the area and I am persuaded that God will bless the CEO, trustees and the addicts, who will be receiving rehabilitation, counselling and training in the center.”

Pastor Jinadu performs inauguration 
The center was officially opened by Pastor Buki Jinadu, project coordinator of Lagos-based Wellspring Rehabilitation Center, where Park, herself, was rehabilitated, over a decade ago.

Jinadu however, advised the villagers to “fear, respect God and love your neighbours as you love yourselves.”


Source:





EmoticonEmoticon