How God Can Turn Things Around For Your Good

Remember that God Promises to Bring Purpose Out of Every Hard Place 
As believers in Christ, we can hold fast to this promise. God will never waste our pain. He will turn it around for good. Every battle. Every hard place. Every dark time. Every painful storm. He will never allow us to walk through deep struggle without allowing it to bring greater hope and purpose, both in our own lives and through our place in this world. 

Every mark of darkness is redeemed when we’re in Christ. 
Every crushing trial will be pushed back so we can live free. It’s what He does best. He brings beauty and strength, hope and goodness from every difficult journey and broken day. Our past will not define us. The trial itself will not label us. We are only defined by our Lord who lifts us out of the deep, who brings us through the fire, who takes us straight out of the darkness, into greater purpose and blessing up ahead. Restored. Redeemed. Renewed. Repurposed.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” 

– Romans 8:28

Talk to God and Pray His Words Back to Him 
Sometimes when we’re hurting most we don’t even know how to pray. We’re at a loss for words, our hearts are broken, our spirits grieved. But we can find strength in knowing that Christ Himself intercedes for us when we don’t know what to pray. And just opening God’s words and praying His truths back to Him is so powerful and effective. We’re speaking out living words straight into the darkness we find ourselves in. It renews our minds, it comforts our hearts, it brings peace to our spirits.

Recently when our family was walking through a very difficult trial, I found myself there. Night after night, I was awakened by the deep hurt and pain in my heart. I prayed, I cried, I longed just to sleep again. But often, the only thing I found that could bring peace and comfort to my spirit was God’s Word. I would say out loud every verse that came to my mind, praying His powerful reminders back to Him. 

Sometimes I would read chapter after chapter, until sleep came again. I would awaken, the Bible still laying open, right over my heart. It didn’t instantly make all our problems go away, when I woke up, they were still there. But through time, I realized this: my mind, heart, and spirit were being renewed day by day, night by night. His peace, healing, and comfort were washing over me every time I spoke his words, believing them to be true.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” 

– Philippians 4:6-7

[written by Debbie McDaniel]


Source:





EmoticonEmoticon